Tips and tricks
- All code of the Business Rule Engine (Jare), the Business Rule Maintenance Tool and also the Pentaho PDI Plugin is available on Github.
- The Business Rule Engine can not only be used in conjunction with the Pentaho ETL tool, but also runs standalone with any Java application or any Java related script language - and also inside a web server.
- The latest version also contains a client/server mode. The rule engine runs on a seperate server (or also inside a docker container). The client connects to the server, sends data to it and receives a response from the server. The response is the result of running the rules against the data: how many group of rules and rules themselve failed or passed. The server can additionally log the detailed results of the rules to a file or a mongodb collection.
- The Data Generator tool allows you to generate mass data based on word lists (also multiple languages), regular expressions or purely random.
- The Business Rule Maintenance Tool is a web application allowing you to create complex business rule logic in a simple way.